Contact info:

Stacy Ingham teaches Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in the tradition of the late Sri K Pattabhi Jois, and the Moon Sequence from Matthew Sweeney's Vinyasa Krama. Ashtanga Yoga of Cary (AYC) encompasses classes Stacy teaches at studios in Cary and Apex, NC. A variety of classes are available from introductory/led classes to a fully accessible Mysore program open to all levels and abilities. Please contact Stacy directly for registration and location information and any other questions.

email Stacy Ingham
by phone: 919-880-9409
Website: www.ashtangayogacary.com

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery
Mysore Intensive February 2012

Thursday, April 11, 2013

DG Day One

Well day one is down.  Spent the first little bit of mysore practice adjusting to the heat and all the people in close proximity.  Good practice overall.  If any of you have practiced with David before you know that he doesn't give up very easily when he sees something he wants you to refine in your practice.  Today for me it was karandavasana...ugh!  Apparently I dawdle while bringing my feet into lotus from pincha mayurasana.  I also apparently dawdle coming into the headstands at the end of second...is there a theme here?  I see his point of course.  I'm not just dawdling because I'm picking daisies or anything...its more like hesitating...like maybe I'm not really sure of my balance and a little afraid of falling...so there it is...fear.  Fear is messing with me again.  David is pulling me into my struggle with fear.  I appreciate it really.  I need to be pushed into that struggle a bit.

In David's talk this afternoon he talked a little about the struggle involved in this practice.  He says we must appreciate the challenge of our asana practice.  The struggle is built into the practice for a reason, and as a teacher sometimes it is our job to ask more of the student and draw them into the struggle.

 He also talked about the journey we are on with this practice...from a tamasic state through rajas, sattva, rajas again and back to tamas.  But that is a subject for another post.  Off to shower and bed.  Led second series tomorrow.  Nadi Shodana!


No comments:

Post a Comment