Contact info:

Stacy Ingham teaches Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in the tradition of the late Sri K Pattabhi Jois, and the Moon Sequence from Matthew Sweeney's Vinyasa Krama. Ashtanga Yoga of Cary (AYC) encompasses classes Stacy teaches at studios in Cary and Apex, NC. A variety of classes are available from introductory/led classes to a fully accessible Mysore program open to all levels and abilities. Please contact Stacy directly for registration and location information and any other questions.

email Stacy Ingham
by phone: 919-880-9409
Website: www.ashtangayogacary.com

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery
Mysore Intensive February 2012

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yes, It is a Moon Day...

And Yes, I practiced today...shame on me.

I've been preaching a bit lately to anyone who will  listen that rest days are super important, and that is why they are built into the Ashtanga "prescription".  For me, it has been essential to take those prescribed days off - Saturdays, Moon Days, and Ladies Holidays - and to do it with no guilt or self-loathing.  That can take as much discipline as getting to the mat. 

For me, those rest days allow me to really practice to my best potential on practice days.  There is no whining on practice days, and no "maybe I shouldn't push too hard today since I haven't had a real day off in a while, so I'll just do this pose I don't like in a half-assed fashion."  There is just the practice, as it is, good or bad, hard or easy.

I plan to take tomorrow off in observance of the New Moon this afternoon...I promise.  :-)


Gardenia in my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment