Contact info:

Stacy Ingham teaches Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in the tradition of the late Sri K Pattabhi Jois, and the Moon Sequence from Matthew Sweeney's Vinyasa Krama. Ashtanga Yoga of Cary (AYC) encompasses classes Stacy teaches at studios in Cary and Apex, NC. A variety of classes are available from introductory/led classes to a fully accessible Mysore program open to all levels and abilities. Please contact Stacy directly for registration and location information and any other questions.

email Stacy Ingham
by phone: 919-880-9409
Website: www.ashtangayogacary.com

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery
Mysore Intensive February 2012

Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015 Begins...

I'm working back into my regular practice...feeling stiff and creaky after a few weeks of "maintaining" through the holidays.  I thought I was doing pretty well with keeping time and space for practice, but then I got THE FLU.  

So... I actually took a couple of days off, and got back to the mat with little resistance - in no small part due to the strength I've gained in practice over the past year under the guidance of my teacher, David Garrigues.  That and some changes in diet...more on that in another post...

But then the HOLIDAYS hit!  And priorities changed.  My family was home, and my parents and inlaws were here, and I wanted to spend time with them for the short time they were here/home/visiting.  
Here's the whole gang ready to see a Christmas Play :-)

So practices were short, less focused...long story short, Third Series was on hiatus for 3 weeks.  Which isn't really a problem until its time to bring it back into the schedule...hence...I'm working back into my regular practice.  Patience and persistence are the name of the game this week.
The view from my mat

So now we begin a new year, and each year I make a resolution to write and share more on this blog, so that is on the list again this year.  

I'm hoping to share some of the insights that come to me as I practice...or (as more commonly happens) as I dry my hair :-)  Maybe a few practice notes and maybe some inspiration in there occasionally...

For right now, I'd like to share with you some of my favorite blogs, and encourage you to follow as well.  There is a great community of Ashtangis out there on on the interweb - so much talent, sharing, support, and inspiration - which we all need at times, like when our friends and family look at us funny for getting up so early and refusing that glass of wine, or cake or whatever.  

A person could literally spend all day trolling the internet for Ashtanga videos, clips and websites.  Start with these, and be sure to set a reminder for yourself to go run that errand, or attend that meeting, or pick up that kid...its easy to lose track of time once you get started...

David Garrigues: Well of course you must read my teacher's blog!  David shares some of his journal entries, profound knowledge and inspiration from his experiences as a teacher and student.  He also has a YouTube channel and is a prolific poster on all things asana and theory...You won't regret a minute on this one.
Ashtanga Dispatch: Peg Mulqueen teaches in the DC area and has been blowing up the Ashtanga scene lately with podcasts, a magazine, and much more...and she's a total sweetheart!
The Confluence Countdown:  Started literally as a daily countdown to the first (or maybe second) Ashtanga Confluence in San Diego, it has now evolved into a great source of news and developments in the yoga world, specifically Ashtanga, and some personal insights.  
My Yoga Blog: Ursula shares some interesting technical insights into poses and invites us along on her personal journey as well.  

Ok - start clicking!!

Namaste

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment